Our Mission Statement
To develop the next generation of creatives through innovative, practical, employment-led training.
Our Vision Statement
To be the leading college for the creative industries.
Access Creative College
- Is a national creative college.
- Focuses on providing a creative alternative to sixth form or FE college for 16-18s, but welcomes older learners.
- Has a growing higher education offer.
- Operates in eight locations across England.
- Was founded in 1992 and celebrated 25 years of creative education in 2017.
- Is the new brand name of Access to Music Ltd.
Our Latest Inspections
In May 2016, Access was awarded a ‘Good’ grade in a full Ofsted inspection. Inspectors highlighted the following key findings:
- Tutors use their comprehensive and up-to-date industrial and commercial experience to deliver high-quality learning experiences.
- Learners benefit from extensive enrichment activities and work-experience opportunities with excellent employers.
- Learners receive particularly well-tailored, individual support that helps them to progress and achieve well.
- Learners develop their confidence and are highly motivated to gain specialist skills in the music industry.
Access was awarded Grade 1 Outstanding by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (March 2017). They found that ‘course provision, teaching and learning are outstanding and exceed expectations’.
Education & Industry Connections
Access works in partnership with awarding bodies, such as RSL, in developing qualifications and with other colleges and training providers.
We also have a number of connections directly within the industry to give our students a heads start.
Equality, Diversity & Disability
Access aims to promote equality and diversity in everything we do by:
- creating a positive and welcoming environment for people to learn, work and engage across their wider community;
- treating all people fairly and with respect and giving them all an equal opportunity to learn and progress;
- encouraging people from different backgrounds to continue to learn and to achieve their potential in life;
- adhering to legislation and regulations, and supporting legal requirements;
- reflecting our commitment to equality and diversity in all of our courses and activities;
- working proactively to combat discrimination, encouraging and promoting equality and celebrating diversity.
Access emphasises inclusiveness, openness and fairness, offering a positive outlook on the many differences, as well as similarities, that can affect how people interact with each other.
We value the abilities and skills that all individuals bring with them. Our courses and opportunities are designed to be accessible to everyone regardless of gender, race, disability, physical ability, mental capability, education, sexual orientation, religious belief, values, age, personality, experiences and culture.
Access is committed to promoting and supporting learning for every individual.
We therefore fully support the rights of students with disabilities and learning difficulties/disabilities to attend their place of learning and receive support as appropriate and feasible. We work to provide an inclusive learning environment with a curriculum that ensures that the learning needs of all individuals are met appropriately.
Access To Music welcomes the objectives set down in the Equality Act (2010). Our Single Equality Scheme provides an important framework for achieving partnership between disabled people and public bodies to produce better services, careers, more inclusive environments and communities.
If you consider that you have a disability, a learning difficulty or a particular personal support need, we will work with you to ensure reasonable adaptations are made to meet your needs.
Our admissions process allows you to identify your support needs at an early stage, so that we are able to put in place any support you may need.
N1 6LP Shoreditch, England, United Kingdom
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
LN2 1JS Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
YO31 7NH York, England, United Kingdom