Graduate Certificate in
Financial Management Graduate Certificate
Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
4 - 12 months
Earliest start date
The Financial Management Certificate covers the fundamentals of strategic financial management, including financial accounting, investments, and corporate finance. Students will learn to evaluate major strategic corporate and investment decisions, understand capital markets and institutions from a financial perspective, and develop an integrated framework for value-based financial management and individual financial decision-making.
By completing the certificate, you'll:
- Gain a solid foundation in developing an integrated framework for strategic financial decision-making.
- Establish a thorough understanding of financial statements and the financial information they provide and develop the ability to critically evaluate and analyze cash flow statements.
- Learn about the management and evaluation of portfolios and firm valuation techniques.
- Learn how to incorporate risk and uncertainty into investment decisions and understand how companies make financing and investment decisions.
The Financial Management Graduate Certificate is comprised of three courses for a total of twelve credit hours.
- ACCY 500: Accounting Measurement, Reporting, and Control
- FIN 511: Investments
- FIN 570: Corporate Finance
Courses are available at different times during the year.
This program is designed for:
- Financial managers or specialists and those seeking to move into this area.
- Financial and investment analysts or those seeking to move into those roles.
Become a strategic financial manager.
Develop an integrated framework for value-based financial management and individual financial decision-making.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.