Create awesome sounds for video games, television, films, and more, and learn from academics who are always updating their own knowledge as well as course materials to ensure you receive a contemporary education to help you stand out in the crowded jobs market.
You will get the chance to master recording and editing equipment to ensure you thrive in the modern recording industry, meaning you can access roles including sound mixer, Foley artist, and more.
Skills and competencies
- Sound design for visual media (film, TV, video games, etc.)
- Foley (the reproduction of everyday sounds) for visual media
- Sound recording and mixing
- Operate industry-standard digital audio software
- Audio post-production for films and videos
- Assess the acoustics of a room or studio space
- Music production (theory, composition, electronic production tools)
- Sound for DJ applications (creating loops, sound effects, etc.)
- Ear training
- Effectively navigate the audio industry
- Understand and implement career development activities
Employability and career
79.5% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- Audio post-production supervisor
- Electronic music producer
- Foley artist
- Sound designer for music
- Sound designer for visual media (film, TV, video games, etc.)
- Sound mixer/editor
Under the provisions of section 4 of the College Education Regulations concerning the conditions of admission, a person who has received instruction considered sufficient by the college and meets any of the following conditions may be admitted to a program of studies leading to an Attestation of College Studies:
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies or pursued full-time postsecondary studies for at least 2 consecutive terms or 1 school year;
- The person is covered by an agreement entered into between the college and an employer or by a government program of studies;
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies for one term and pursued full-time postsecondary studies for one term; or
- The person holds a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS/DEP).
All applications for admission must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee of $50 CAD and Admission fee of $200 CAD
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcript or diploma:
- Issued by MES (Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur), if a student in Quebec
- Issued by the province or territory, if a student outside Quebec
- Issued by the institution or state, if an international student
Any official documents issued outside Quebec must be a certified copy or the original. Documents written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation.
About the School
Since 1979, Trebas Institute has been training the talent of the future by providing a range of music, film, business, technology, and even management programs for students with aspirations of becomin ... Read More