The International Foundation Course (Art & Design) is a one-year full-time programme that aims to develop language and academic skills to a level appropriate for successful progression to an intended undergraduate degree course. The programme provides students on successful completion guaranteed opportunity to join Year 1 (Level 4) of any of the undergraduate three-year honours degree courses within Cardiff School of Art & Design.
The International Foundation Course (Art & Design) is intended for students who fall into one or both of the following categories:
- Students who have not achieved the required A-level or equivalent points score.
- Students who have not achieved the required level in English proficiency.
The programme will also help International students to develop their creative practice and to become familiar with the art and design teaching methods employed in UK Universities.
There are five compulsory modules:
English Language modules:
- English Language Proficiency (20 credits)
- English for Academic Purposes (20 credits)
- Professional Development (20 credits)
Art and Design modules:
- Practical Art and Design (30 credits)
- Art and Design Presentation (30 credits)
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
In order to apply for this course, students should have:
- Completed their high school education
- Have a relevant finishing certificate
- Have achieved IELTS 4.5 or equivalent – note that under current UKVI regulations, a minimum of 4.0 in each component is required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 17, 2019