IEPP (Student Visa, 12 weeks ~)
Intensive English Proficiency Program (IEPP) is a six-level program designed to accommodate long-term students studying for three months or more (requires F1 Student Visa). This program is for those who anticipate entering a regular course of study at the college level or for those who would like to gain a deeper understanding of the English language.
|Period||Tuition (includes tax)||Prepayment Discount|
|1 term (12 weeks)||$1950*||n/a|
|2 terms (24 weeks)||$3900*||$3315 (15% off)|
|4 terms (48 weeks)||$7800*||$6240 (20% off)|
COURSE PROFICIENCY DESCRIPTION
- Able to communicate minimally with isolated words and memorized phrases
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type
- May be able to exchange greetings and introductions, name familiar objects, and respond to direct questions about him/herself
High Beginner (HB)
- Able to satisfy immediate needs using short and incomplete sentences or familiar phrases
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a direct exchange of information
Low Intermediate (LI)
- Able to handle communication in discrete sentences and strings of sentences
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar topics
- Can express personal meaning in simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest
- Able to satisfy communication using paragraph length discourse that combines linked sentences to connected discourse.
- Can understand the main idea of texts on both concrete and abstract topics
- Can produce clear, detailed communication on a wide range of routine demands and some unfamiliar topics
Low Advanced (LA)
- Able to sustain paragraph-length discourse of combined and interwoven sentences
- Can understand and recognize implicit meaning from a wide range of texts and abstract topics
- Can use language flexibly and effectively to express him/herself spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions in most informal and some formal social situations
- Able to use extended paragraph discourse and coherent narrations
- Can understand and summarize information from a wide range of sophisticated and demanding tasks, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation
- Can express him/herself spontaneously with effective accuracy in a multitude of situations
In general, the admission procedure will be as follows:
- Applicant fills out the application form and prepare necessary documents for admission into IEPP
- Submit documents to IMPAC Admissions Office for processing
- IMPAC will send I-20 Form and the acceptance letter by air mail (or by express mail with an additional postage fee)
- Applicant receives the I-20 Form, pays SEVIS fee at www.fmjfee.com, print out the receipt
- Applicant applies for a F1 Student Visa at the American Embassy/Consulate General in their home country.
- Applicant enters the U.S. up to 30 days before the Program Start Day. Attends orientation and takes placement test on scheduled date. Orientation & Placement Test day is mandatory and is scheduled before the Program Start Day or otherwise notified.
ALL IEPP/IECP applicants must take the Michigan English Placement Test (which includes Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing and the Placement Essay). The test will take about 60 to 90 minutes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018