BEING A CABIN CREW
Working as cabin crew for a major airline is an exciting and challenging experience. In addition to jetting off to exotic destinations, the job also requires a high degree of responsibility and specialization to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers in line with industry regulations.
This course is ideal for young professionals looking to get a head start in the profession, introducing the skills and responsibilities expected by the world’s leading airlines. Special emphasis is given to customer service and procedures for handling unusual situations during flight, with the final module of the course giving useful tips for completing the recruitment process.
WHAT’S LIKE BEING A CABIN CREW?
THE IATA AIRLINE CABIN CREW TRAINING
With this IATA Airline Cabin Crew Training course you will learn acquire essential knowledge and skills to work for any airline company worldwide and become an effective professional.
IATA CABIN CREW TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
By completing this diploma, you will be able to:
- Understand the cabin crew profession, its origins and current practices
- Identify aircraft types and relevant cabin crew functions
- Manage passenger interactions in a variety of circumstances
- Recall emergency and safety procedures
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communication in English
- Calm approach
- Work under pressure
- Team working capabilities
- Ability to follow procedures
- Excellent customer skills
- IATA course
- Professional training by experts
- Recognized worldwide
Program taught in: