HND Graphic Design
Centre: Business, Arts and Technology
Student Type: Adults (19+)Higher EducationInternational
If you are looking for a Graphic Design course in London, this HND develops your knowledge and practical skills for a career in the creative industries.
- Develop the practical and technical skills employers demand
- Learn the latest techniques from skilled practitioners, with lecturers working in the creative industries
- Enjoy a range of opportunities, that result from strong links with industry, including networking
What you learn
Offering a hands-on approach to learning, this qualification is highly regarded by employers, increasing your competitive edge. It also counts towards membership of professional bodies and employer organisations.
You will learn through practical demonstrations, workshops, one-to-one tutorials and field trips to galleries and museums. You will work in a brand new Mac suite with Adobe CS and will be taught by lecturers with experience working as Artists, Illustrators, Graphic Designers and Programmers.
- Digital Image Creation and Development
- Ideas Generation and Development in Art and Design
- Visual Communication in Art and Design
- Contextual and Cultural Referencing in Art and Design
- Typographic Skills
- Personal Style in Art and Design
- Interactive Media Design and Prototyping
- Advertising Campaigns
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Professional Practice in Art and Design
- Interactive Media Web Authoring
- Art Direction for Advertising
- Work-based Experience
- Communication with Images in Art and Design
- Advanced Typographic Design
- Packaging in Graphic Design
You will be assessed through coursework, project work and written assignments.
You will get a Higher National Diploma in Graphic Design.
Following this course, you can apply to further courses at UK universities or find employment in the sector such as Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Advertising Intern, Graphic Artist.
160 UCAS points from one, or a combination of the following:
- A Levels in related subjects at Grade C
- BTEC National or Extended Diploma at MPP
- BTEC Level 3 National Certificate or Diploma at MM
- Access to Higher Education qualification (subject related) at Pass.
- A portfolio of relevant work
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English. Please note, Functional Skills Maths and English at Level 2 or Key skills Application of Number and Communication at Level 2 will be accepted in place of GCSE English and Maths.
- Students for which English is a second language are required to pass the IELTS test achieving a minimum of level 5.5.
Applicants who do not meet these entry criteria will be considered based on equivalent qualifications, previous experience, a College assessment, applicant interview and a portfolio of relevant work.
Overseas qualifications will be assessed on a case by case basis.
About the School
We are the first choice Further Education College for thousands of young people across London who achieve excellent academic results. 1400 of our students progressed to higher education last year. It ... Read More