THE EVER GROWING INDUSTRY OF GRAPHIC DESIGN
In Canada, and in most parts of the world, the number of graphic designers and illustrators is expected to increase sharply over the next few years.
The Graphic Design training at LaSalle College offers students professional level facilities, qualified teachers whom currently work in the industry and a hands-on education helping the students master the necessary skills needed to succeed as a graphic designer.
Graduates from our Graphic Design course often find jobs with internationally acclaimed companies such as Moment Factory, Sid Lee, ALDO, just to name a few.
Each session, LaSalle College organizes an exhibition to highlight the projects of its students. Come join us at our next exhibition!
This program is offered at the Montréal and Laval campuses.
METHODS OF INSTRUCTION
- At the Montréal and Laval campuses
- Develop expert level skills in graphic design;
- Follow specific guidelines to create and design visual components;
- Master various MAC and PC software to optimize your illustration, imaging, and layout skills;
- Organize and manage your wild and creative ideas;
- Experience the industry-like process of developing a project for electronic and print media.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Artistically driven and talented;
- Great communication skills;
- Passionate about emerging technology and new media;
- Attention to detail and ability to work quickly and efficiently.
To be considered for admission to a program leading to an attestation of college studies, you must have an education considered sufficient by the College and meet one of the following criteria:
- Completion of at least one year of postsecondary studies;
- Participation in a government program or an agreement between the College and your employer;
- Two semesters or one full school year must have passed since your previous studies (i.e. high school).
As a graduate, you will find work with organizations that specialize in publishing, packaging, advertising and promotions in electronic and printed media.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers. This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice about your education. It’s free of charge and there are no future obligations!
One year (three 15-week semesters). Total of 915 hours.
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
- Maximum 20 students per class;
- One student per workstation during lab time;
- MAC + PC workstations;
- The College also boasts a photography studio;
- Every class has its own printer and scanner;
- Adobe CS suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver);
- QuarkXpress, and HTML language
Attestation of college studies
On the first day of class, the teacher will provide you with a detailed
list of the required materials for the semester and then help find the
About the School
Being the largest bilingual college in North America, LaSalle College counts five speciality schools with over 60 programs to choose from. Each year, its campus welcomes close to 25% of its student po ... Read More