Spend ten months living, studying, and volunteering at Israel’s most prestigious technical institute:
The Gap Year at Technion International offers high school graduates a 10-month program combining academic studies, leadership development workshops, Jewish studies, community service, cultural experiences, and unforgettable trips.
We offer two tracks for Gap Year in Israel:
1. October 2018 – August 2019
2. January 2019 – August 2019
You may choose to participate in either of these tracks (depending on personal preference, date of completion of studies, etc).
Science & Engineering (mandatory):
- Basic science and engineering academic courses
- Hebrew studies
- Social activities
Torah, Science & Engineering (optional):
- Spiritual guidance from Technion’s Rabi. Elad Dokov
- Gemara lessons and Havruta
- Hebrew studies
- Israel and Jewish social activities
We offer basic science and engineering courses, tailored for students who are considering a degree track in Engineering & Science
Technion’s Gap year in Israel includes volunteering work during spring semester break and once a week throughout the academic year. Students will enjoy enriching cultural activities and trips around Israel.
- During your stay, you will have the opportunity to enjoy guided tours around Israel in the north, center, and south.
- Students will have the opportunity to visit Jewish Heritage sites.
The cultural program is as diversified as Israel itself: lectures on Israeli culture and society, entrepreneurship, and science, a celebration of Jewish Holidays, music and theatre shows, and more.
In addition to TI’s social activities, students will have access to all the cultural events on campus organized by the Technion Student Association (ASAT), giving you the opportunity to socialize with students from Israel and all over the world.
This program is suitable for students who observe the Sabbath and keep Kosher.
- For those interested, there will also be an option to take Judaic courses in the religious framework.
- Leadership Workshop: and life skills: 9 meetings, 5 hours each
- Twice a semester Technion Shabbat Saturday includes festive Shabbat meals and other social activities.
- Once a semester there will be a two-day trip (Thursday until Friday Evening)
- High-tech laboratories: a combination of ten visits to various high-tech companies and various industries: Wix, Mindspace
* Changes may occur to the opening of the program at the discretion of TI
Program taught in: