Why study a foundation program?
Sopot University of Applied Sciences offers Foundation Years for students who are not eligible for direct entry into our undergraduate degrees.
A Foundation Year may be the option for those who don’t have the traditional entry qualifications for their undergraduate degree of choice. Our Foundation Years can provide a route into several different subjects at our University.
The Foundation Year for secondary school graduates is an intensive program aimed at improving language skills, as well as preparing candidates wishing to study in English or in Polish at Sopot University of Applied Sciences or any other Polish university.
The applicants can choose one of two options:
- Foundation Year in the English language for people who would like to take up Bachelor’s Program or Master’s Program in the English language
- Foundation Year in the Polish language for people who would like to take up Bachelor’s Program or Master’s Program in the Polish language
Foundation courses develop not only language skills but also prepare for a variety of subjects such as Business, Management, Art and Design; Engineering, Computer Sciences (depends on which subjects the applicants choose).
Benefits of the program
- Learning English or Polish towards B2 depends on the chosen variation
- Admission to the first year of study at Sopot University of Applied Sciences after completing the Foundation Year Program
- 20 learning hours per week
- Foundation Year lasts 9 months
- Possibility to learn Polish (also for applicants who chooses Foundation Year in English)
- Small classes – Small classes tailored to students whose first language is not English means that you get more chance to ask questions and the teachers know your name
- Getting to know Polish culture and society
- Being integrated into university life and the student community from day one
- application form pdf
- copy of a visa or residence card or another document entitling the applicant to stay on the territory of Poland (after getting all admission documents and paying we give admission letter to get a visa)
- medical certificate confirming good health and lack of counter-indications to start studies
- copy of a document that certifies the candidate’s insurance on the territory of Poland
- copy of passport
- Year Foundation study contract signed by the candidate and the University (2 copies)
- three passport-size photos (with a signature of the applicant on reverse)
- registration fee and tuition fee (confirmation of payment)
- parents’ or legal guardians’ declaration of the candidate for a student of Foundation Year in Sopot University of Applied Sciences, notarized and translated into the Polish or English language / concerning candidates who are under 18 years old
Course dates: October 2018 – June 2019
Registration deadline: 15th September 2018
Admission fee: 100 EUR
Tuition Fee: 2400 EUR
phone: +48 573 312 278
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 21, 2018