This is an ideal programme for those who wish to improve their work skills in order to obtain a job or to advance in their training or workplace.
The programme leads to a BTEC in WorkSkills Plus, an internationally-recognised vocational qualification at Level 3 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). It is designed and accredited by Edexcel, the leading provider of internationally recognised qualifications.
This BTEC qualification makes a wonderful addition to your CV and is approved by the UKBA for non-EU and EU students.
The programme consists of two stages:
1. Study Period
You will study for a minimum of 15 hours per week
The course consists of individual units including:
- Negotiation Skills and Persuasion in the Workplace
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Preparing for an interview
- Effectiveness at Work
- Personal Skills for Leadership
- Learning from Work Placement
- English language and examination preparation skills
If you would like to stay with a homestay during your study period, we will be happy to arrange this for you.
2. Work Placement Period
- You can put into practice the skills you developed in class.
- During your work placement, you will be monitored and given guidance.
- Assignments given during your placement will give you an opportunity to reflect on your experience and to re-evaluate your own work skills.
Assignments may include presentations, reports, role-plays, research, etc. during your studies, as well as a practical assignment during your work placement. All assignments are internally assessed, and once you have obtained the required number of credits, you will be awarded a BTEC in WorkSkills Plus Level 3 qualification (award or certificate).
What types of work experience can I take?
Hospitality & Healthcare: students with relevant experience in the hospitality or healthcare sectors will take a paid placement (UK minimum wage) as part of their course.
Vocational: Students who choose experience in for example Marketing, Fashion, Finance, Law, Business, etc. will take an unpaid work placement.
- Minimum Age: 18
- Tuition: 15, 18, 21, 24, 27 or 30 hours per week
- Start Date: any Monday (ongoing enrolment)
- Level: intermediate to proficiency (B1 to C2)
- Ideal For: students who want practical experience in a UK-based company and a BTEC Level 3 qualification
Last updated February 3, 2018