Computer Network Technician Training
This short IT evening/Saturday course is suitable for working professionals. The Computer Networking Technician Training course is an introduction to the structure, components, functions and services of computer networks. It discusses current protocols, technologies, and performance issues.
The main goal of this course is to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of network technologies, concepts and terminology.
You will learn about the equipment and technologies used in LANs, and network designing within these topologies. You will also examine network equipment including hubs, routers, switches and more. All major LAN protocols will be covered (including TCP/IP). You will also learn about the OSI layered communications model and understand the daily tasks involved in managing and troubleshooting a network.
On this course, you will learn how to:
- Define the purpose of network analysis
- Define various protocol settings
- Install different OS (s)
- Configure different OS (s)
- Conduct basic diagnostic routines using various tools and application software
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance
- Perform repairs to personal computers
- Required: Basic technical English
- Recommended: Some previous technical background and basic capabilities with MS office SW
Students who complete this course are able to work as a Computer Systems Technician.
5 full Saturdays or 10 evenings
Program taught in: