College Preparatory Program (CPP) is a one-year study program designed to prepare selected high school graduates for admission to an undergraduate program at Dalian Maritime University (DMU).
CPP offers international students an opportunity to learn Chinese language, Chinese culture, mathematics, and English in a systematic way. Joining this program, you will have the chance to participate in various language practices and social activities. Through a year’s learning, you will be able to master basic Chinese language skill and cultural knowledge, with a certain degree of Chinese verbal communication ability and cross-cultural communicative competence; as a result, you will basically have the capabilities required for pursuing bachelor’s degree courses at DMU.
On successful completion of CPP, students will be accepted as an undergraduate student at DMU.
Conditions are as follows:
- Obtain a completion certificate of College Preparatory Program;
- Obtain an HSK 4th Level Certificate.
Dalian Maritime University divides every academic year into spring and autumn semesters, with the latter marking the commencement of an academic year. The autumn semester starts in September and ends in January of the following year while the spring semester begins in March and ends in July.
The applicant must be a foreign citizen in good health, aged between 18 and 35, possessing a valid passport, and has graduated from an institution equal to Chinese senior high school.
Applicant used to have a Chinese nationality should hold a valid foreign passport or other nationality certificate issued at least 4 years ago. Moreover, during the last 4 years (up to 30th April in the year of admission), the length of residence in that country should be more than 2 years.
- Application Form for International Students to Study at Dalian Maritime University
- Photocopy of the personal information page of passport (photocopy of a valid Chinese visa is required to submit if an applicant is in China upon application)
- Notarized high school diploma or High school enrollment certificate (applicable to this year’s graduates who haven’t received the diploma)
- Notarized all high school transcripts
- Application Deadline: each July 10th.
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Application materials could be sent to DMU via email or via postal mail.
- Students who are studying in China should also provide a study certificate and transcripts issued by the institution.
Program taught in: