Learn to create professional sounds for a variety of different applications — live concert mixing, film and video game production, radio, corporate events, digital media, and theater. With a mix of theory and practical work, this program will help you master the relevant software for this industry in our on-campus labs, audio studios, and external commercial studio.
Our academics stay on top of the latest sector trends and insights, and use this specialist knowledge to update learning materials, ensuring you only receive contemporary knowledge to stand out in the crowded jobs market. They also understand how to use modern recording and editing equipment and will pass these fantastic skills onto you, ensuring you become an asset to employers.
Skills and competencies
- Recording, engineering, and large format console operation
- Recording, editing, and mixing
- Live sound set-up and mixing
- Midi-composition and sequencing
- Music industry navigation
Employability and career
75% of our students have secured employment within six months of graduation.
Our graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- Audio content creator (radio) / visual technician
- Boom operator/location sound
- Foley artist
- Installation technician
- Live recording mixer/sound technician
- Music composer / producer / session player
- Post audio editor/sound editor
- Recording engineer
- Studio assistant / manager
- Theatre technician
To be admitted into a program of study offered by the Trebas Institute, you must:
- Possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (grade 12) or its equivalent, or have mature student status (18 years of age or older)
- Provide a social insurance number and a valid government-issued photo ID
- Participate in an informal interview with an admissions counselor
Candidates may be asked to provide additional information, including a portfolio or several samples of work in your chosen field to determine your suitability for admission. If you do not have prior experience or access to samples, we ask for a 500-word essay/letter of intent detailing your accomplishments, future goals, and objectives.
Possession of the minimum admissions requirements does not, in itself, guarantee admission.
Please note: You may still qualify if you are not a high school graduate, but you may be asked to undergo a Wonderlic Basic Skills assessment in both English and Math.
About the School
Since 1979, Trebas Institute has been training the talent of the future by providing a range of music, film, business, technology, and even management programs for students with aspirations of becomin ... Read More