- Course Code: LSS101
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Fee: £4145
- Defining authentic leadership
- Academic approach
- Practitioner approach
- Attributes of followers
- Leader-member exchange theory (LMX)
- Implications of LMX
- Attributes of followers and leaders
Psychodynamic Approaches to Leadership
- Freud, Jung, and personality
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Criticism of the psychodynamic approach
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- The architecture of the brain
- The nature of intelligence
- What is EI?
- Goleman’s approach
- Other perspectives
- The ‘dark side’ of EI
- Criticisms of EI
- What are ethics?
- Basic ethical frameworks
- Deontological frameworks
- Leadership and moral development
- What is an ‘ethical leader’?
- Why do leaders not act ethically?
- Why do workers not blow the whistle more often?
Power, Influence, and Authority
- What is ‘power’?
- Dimensions of power
- Sources of power
- The dark side of power
Leadership and Teams
- Team models theories
- Normative team models
- Descriptive team models
- Individual role models – Belbin’s approach
- Margerison-McCann team management wheel
- Time or phase-based models
- Team mental model
- Distributed leadership
Leadership and Change
- History of change
- Different approaches to change
- Models of the change process
- Individual reaction to change
- Politics of change
- What is leadership development?
- Why bother?
- Organisational factors
- Leadership and competencies
- How are leaders developed?
- What is ‘strategic leadership’?
- Do we need strategic leaders?
- The modern environment
- What does a strategic leader ‘do’?
This leadership training is suitable for:
- Leaders of organizations with the responsibility to steer their firms in times of change, whilst motivating and inspiring their teams.
- Heads of organizations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members, and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
- Team members who wish to know of the principles and practice of strategic leadership to support and complement the contribution of their leaders.
Upon completion of this executive leadership training, you will be able to understand:
- Authentic leadership should underpin any form of effective leadership.
- The delicate nature of the relationship between the leader and followers.
- Two different approaches to psychodynamics – Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and neuro-linguistic programming.
- The development of emotional intelligence (EI).
- Different ethical frameworks and how these can help leaders resolve problems without a precedent or a simple solution.
- Ideas associated with the use of power by those in a position of authority.
- How ‘teams’ work and the idea of ‘Distributed Leadership’.
- The role leaders play in change processes.
- The development of leaders within organizations as a key theme in terms of ensuring the organization thrives.
- The need for strategic leaders.
Program taught in:
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 22, 2018
This course is
June 17, 2019
Oct 21, 2019