The Academic English program provides you with top-rate English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at Suffolk University.
What you'll learn:
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English;
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references;
- Read, understand and critically evaluate academic texts;
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines;
- Take useful and accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations;
- Understand US values in an academic setting.
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January, May, August; 2020: January, May
- Fees: From $7,600
- Class size: 18
- Award: Students who successfully complete Academic English can progress to undergraduate or graduate degree programs at Suffolk University.
- Course options: 2-Semester
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required
- English language requirements: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival
- Age requirements: 16 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 6, 2018