George Mason University
The Academic English program provides you with top-rate English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at Mason.
What you'll learn:
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English;
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references;
- Read, understand and critically evaluate academic texts;
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines;
- Take useful and accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations;
- Understand US values in an academic setting.
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January, May, August; 2020: January, May
- Fees: From $8,610
- Class hours: 18-22 hours per week
- Class size: 20
- Award: After finishing this intensive program, successful students will be able to progress to undergraduate or graduate degree programs at George Mason University.
- Course options:
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required.
- English language requirements: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival
- Age requirements: 17 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
Program taught in:
See 50 more programs offered by George Mason University »
Last updated September 11, 2018
This course is
Aug 19, 2019
From $8,610. Additional fees may apply
July 26, 2019
Aug 19, 2019
Dec 10, 2019
Jan 14, 2020
May 5, 2020
May 11, 2020
July 24, 2020
Masters of Arts in International Commerce and Policy: Kevin's experience
Studying abroad: a day in the life of Ade